Friday, August 26, 2011

Teaching is my passion and I am humbled because of it.

Humbled by how our plans are never better than HIS plans. - I am finally back to teaching at my dream grade level 2nd grade!

Humbled by how loved I am- never knew I had so many people who love me enough to say they were thinking of me on the 1st day of school

Humbled by my inability to shake that "new teacher" feeling after 10 years of teaching-Only God knew I would need it to remain close to HIM and give HIM the credit

All of these lessons came the first day of school. Many of you have gotten a "back to school" email from me in the past on the night before the first day of school. I fully intended on writing one and even sat down Sunday night to compose it, but didn't feel like the timing was right. Sure glad I didn't run ahead because I know I would had missed out on these sweet blessings.

I didn't go on any big mission trips this summer although my heart longed to go. I wrestled a lot with God about the idea of being lazy, but He continued to remind me to be still and relax for His purpose. I am learning who I am is not about what I do and He wanted to drive that home this summer. So all of that leads me to this email already a week into the school year. I am reminded again I am called to teach! I was blessed to know when I was little what I wanted to be when I grew up (although my poster from elementary school says I wanted to be a nurse!) Teaching is my passion, it brings me great joy. So despite the fact that I try and convince myself that other things sound more noble, for now this is what I am called to do and I love it.

I am going to continue to update my blog throughout the year http://truthlovegrace.blogspot.com/ but when I started these emails a few years back it was because I had friends who were missionaries. They would send updates to me about specific prayer requests about their area of the world. It was in reading one of these and trying to put myself on mission somewhere else that I realized I had already been sent somewhere....my own school! Although I have lost focus, I would like to start sending these emails more consistently on behalf of all teacher. So if have a desire to pray for teachers or even just for me and want to continue to get emails from me this year, please email me back.

Below are the verses I taped up around my room behind posters and decorations. I also included a picture of my room, but more will be on my blog. Thanks for being apart of my life!

Romans 10:13-15; Isaiah 61:3; Ps 5:11-12; Isaiah 64:4; Psalms 118:19-24; Psalms 18:16-19; Psalms 16:5-6; Psalms 31:6-8; 2 Corinthains 5:17-21; 1 Peter 3:15-16


No comments:

Post a Comment