Saturday, September 3, 2011

Drowning in a sea of newness

This is an email that never got sent to people willing to pray for me.  I'm not sure I even FULLY remember those first months of changing to 2nd grade as every day was just survival.  I wish now that I had more time to write it all down.  Let's just stay that it was a new kind of breaking and humbling process.
______________________________________________________________________________________
I'm not going to send an email every week, but I did want to give you some specifics to pray for and say thanks for being willing to receive them. I also wanted to let you know the 2nd week did not start off as "peachy keen" as my first one sounded. (it did however end better)

Behavior was a struggle since the 1st day of school and seemed to get worse into the 2nd week. It wasn't until Wednesday that I realized perhaps it was my fear of letting go of control and feeling of not being prepared that left me stressed NOT the students. I have been in a very foul mood and didn't seem to want to fix it. Not being prepared seems to leave me unknowingly grumpy...it is always under the surface, but just lately I am realizing that's what causes the feeling.


Thanks for the prayers and listening ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment