Friday, September 16, 2011

Hooray! A King is Here!

After many months of waiting and days of waking up to expect a text or phone call, I know it was relieving for all of us to know Amy had a scheduled induce date. It wasn't the original Sept. 21 we all had in our heads, but Andrew was sure to be in town and we were fully ready to meet Colton James King! The blog title says it all in a text from Greg as he realized he was a second cousin and a true king Colton has proven to be. I know I was excited to be apart of the day since when Bailey was born I received a picture text at 8:00 in the morning and had to wait until 6:00 that night to hold her! I debated just taking off half a day, I mean it was my sister who was having the baby NOT me, why should I take the day off.  I sure am thankful I did though because there were precious moments for me that morning as I got to spend time with my little sister before she "became" a mom.  Much of the story I would write from my perspective would be completely different as we all could take a different angle to share, but the calm and patience I saw her hold onto as she had matured into an amazing woman was outstanding.  I guess the unspoken maturity of her allowing/tolerating me to be apart of the moments spoke volumes to my heart and transferred to me a love that I long to receive from my sister. Here's the rest of the story:
Dinner the night before at Chuy's.
                                                                
Memorial Herman was a very convenient location and after jokes of Andrew sleeping in at the house while mom took Amy to check in that morning, they all got their pretty early and quick to start induction. The delivery floor was nice as each patient had their own rooms, but as the family we were free to walk between the waiting area and Amy's room.  During delivery Erin even commented she wanted to hear Colton's cry for the first time and attempted to walk down the hallway in time. After seeing the doctor leave the floor Phillip, Erin, and I assumed he was here and shortly after Andrew came out to announce Colton was here and show pictures.  We all quickly took turns watching Bailey in the waiting area and seeing Colton for the first time.  Here Bailey finally gets to meet her cousin for the first time.
The nurses did a great job giving him a bath and letting us feel apart of the process.  The big picture windows sure help you feel like you are right there with them.
All cleaned and sleeping with his snuggle pup Aunt Lisa gave him.
After we had settled into the new room, Andrew and I changed him into his 1st day picture outfit. It came all the way from H&M.

Day 2 a quick visit after church and waiting for them to be ready to come home.
This little man is not going to be this small forever, so a picture on my legs will prove that in time.
                                            A great family picture.

                                Showing Colton his room for the 1st time.
                                           Playing dress up again.
                               Welcome home King family!
                            (Hook'em is already aware of the change)
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment