Wednesday, July 29, 2009

5 days left...and coming full circle

The start of my trip to Kenya had me questioning whether I believed what I said I believed about God. Did I really trust Him?

The last few days have had me looking deep into that question as I entered my last week here. Stepping back from myself and realizing that I am not here to serve myself or even others here who have become dear friends, but the God who created and called me. The one who I have learned to call Lord in all situations. So as I watch paperwork try to be submitted, others go on safari to see God's wonderful creation, I am content to sit and have conversations with men who love the Lord and those who are seeking to find answers to questions they don't even know they have. These are the moments God has called me to and I would rather be no where else than where He calls. The last two days as I watch God surprise me with the small gifts of a schedule, answered prayers that only I know about, and peace that can't be explained to return to teach, I see the greatness of who He is amaze me. Who else knows when there will be no traffic? Who else knows how to send water to the thirsty? Who else knows the names of babies that need a home?

We serve an amazing God if we will but stop and listen to where He is calling us. As I go from Africa to America, I will never forget that with each new day He continues to tell us to GO with Him. We have to remember to be silent enough to listen to where that path will lead us, and courageous enough to take the steps that put that into action.

Prayers:
*meeting with neighbors for a fellowship meeting-thursday morning
*meeting with a small community school-thursday afternoon
*spending the night with missionary friends-thursday night
*passing out water from a water truck-friday morning
*completing and submitting paperwork to the new district officer-friday afternoon (praying for a letter of recommendation to accept the children we have identified that same day)
*trying to get paperwork together for His Cherished Ones to take to America-saturday

Praying for babies before I leave Monday, but at peace if they don't come before then, because God is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you!!!!! What a beautful testimony you are of being right where God needs you! Can't wait to see you.....give Trena a big hug for me for loving on you all summer. Who would have known God would place two beauiful women both inside and outside together! He is so good.

    ReplyDelete