Sunday, July 12, 2009

Visiting Amy at Brackenhurst

Amy's here from Houston! I have been looking forward to her visit for the last few weeks. She had scheduled her trip after I knew I was coming, but we have both been looking forward to our time together here in Kenya. She is going to be teaching this week on discipleship and I have the blessing of being with her on the first day. I have enjoyed the refreshing time of being with a friend, while building experiences together at the same time. Last night as we waited for the fire to die down in the cottage, we remembered how only last summer we were touring Israel together with our sisters. Oh how we wish they were here with us!

We have to keep pinching ourselves as we walk down the path, or sit with Jamie and Mimi at dinner. Are we really in Kenya together? Today after a wonderful time of worship at church, we were able to go to town with friend's of Jamie's for lunch. Building friendships, that was what I had asked for in my journey, what a blessing to see that happening.

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad your friend is there with you now! that is sssooo much!
    hope your having fun,
    grace

    ReplyDelete