Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dedicating the baby center

Tromping down the stairs to deliver Trena her ringing cell phone, still sleepy and in my PJ, I was not planning on staying, but when I rounded the corner I was called by Sarah into the conversation by the staff. Tom, Emmanuel and Sarah were discussing how the devil is the one who tempts (not sure how awake I was for this kind of early morning conversation, but I was not going to miss it) this quickly proved to be a great start of the day.

Someone throughout the day commented about how I have been able to be apart of the start of the baby center full circle, and this morning event reminds me of the first "family" dinner with the staff. Trena has wanted to create a family environment with the staff, so has made Monday nights eating together as a family. The first Monday we were here I was able to see how God has anointed this place because Tom, the Massai nightwatchman, began to ask questions about forgiving others who have wronged him. This conversation led to a discussion about salvation in Christ. How amazing and full circle it was to see Tom again asking questions the morning of the house dedication.

People began to pour into the yard and Trena welcomed them like the gracious hostess of a house filled with love. I have been amazed to watch and learn all that she has shared in the process of "building" a house. Children gathered on the lawn and adults claimed seats in the plastic chairs as Stan began to play his guitar and the Kenyan group began to sing. As Trena shared the process of Haven of Hope and vision for the ministry, we listened to how God has unfolded and sped through the process of getting a house, setting up staff, and bring us to this time ready for babies to come. As I looked around I realized I was surrounded by the hand of God, He had sent me here to build relationships with people and I was delighted to see those around me where not just people, but friends.

Trena had asked Deborah to explain for people to pray over the house as a foundation before babies arrive. This was my favorite part of the day as everyone spread out around the yard, house and rooms lifting prayers for the ministry. As we drove back from town tonight, I shared with Trena the peace I have about not having pressure to feel the need to get the babies before I leave in a week. I have a confident assurance after today, I have come and completed what God has sent me to do as the "second set of hands" I have come and helped set up the house for the babies.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I am so proud of you'll and the work you are doing in Kenya. You are not only changing the lives of these babies, but God will use them to return the love you have show to the people of Kenya. I continue to pray that God will protect you and the team in very way.

    God bless you!!!

    YBIC

    Forrest

    ReplyDelete