Monday, August 24, 2009

Starting another school year :)

Every time I have walked into my classroom this week I have gotten this giddy feeling. It is a feeling of knowing I am suppose to be here, a feeling that someone is praying for me to enjoy the start of my school year. It is an excitement of know that those who walked with me last year as I stepped out to walk "missionally" in faith to commit the year to the Lord will get to walk with me again this year. (kind of like a friend that you haven't seen in a while, and I think that is why I am most excited about the year.)

Thanks for all who have supported me to get to this place.

So here go for this school year...

The first word that came to mind on August 21 was light, so I copied verses about light and this is the one that stood out.
"Arise, and shine for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold the darkness shall cover the earth and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will rise over you, and His glory will be seen on you. Isaiah 60:1-2

This is the verse that was printed on our t-shirts the second year I went to Kenya, as I prayed this scripture I know that God will be the Light in our classroom.

The second word that came to mind was purpose. I know He has a purpose for why I am here, and the verse I read was
Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to walk in them. "

Please pray: that I will be the light that shines Christ glory. I pray that I will be the light/ smile the students need to see as they walk into the room each morning.

That I will be brave enough to allow Christ to fill me with HIS truth daily and then be couragous enough to walk in the purpose He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment