Friday, July 29, 2011

Moses wanted to take a peek, am I willing to take a second look?

Words jump off a page as you read, you know the same words you have read many times before, but suddenly the Holy Spirit allows you to see them in a different way. Here's my words:

The verse is Exodus 3:4-5 When the LORD SAW that he had GONE OVER to LOOK, God CALLED out to him from the bush, "Moses, Moses!" "Here I am," he answered. "Do not come closer," He said. "Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is HOLY ground.

I capitalized the words because it struck me that Moses had to take action, but once God saw his movement of obedience He was able to speak to Moses. Lately I had been stuck, almost feeling rebellious (well okay in a way I was) Telling myself it was okay to sleep longer because it's the summer and I wouldn't have much longer to enjoy. Having my gym bag fully packed, but talking myself out of going. Those things in themselves are not rebellious, but I knew my heart in these and other matters at hand. I knew in a way I was going through a growing journey with God. Thank goodness He loves us more than we love ourselves sometimes. I have a friend that once was taught, when you stop thinking you hear God, go back to the last thing He told you and do it. Makes sense right, why would He give us something else to do if we wouldn't do the first thing. Quenching the Holy Spirit. Often times I mistake it for my laziness, or an option for something I could do. But how many times have I missed out on the burning bush, and ultimately missed out on God's Holiness?

Exodus 2:11-3:1 also has some verbs that tell Moses' story. When you think back to how he was saved as a baby it speaks volumes to how we can plan our life, but God will take our failed actions and use them to write HIS story/ HIS plan. Too often I have become stuck with my plan, pitching a fit because I don't get my way, forgetting that I enjoy most when He surprises me with His plan. The question the study asked that I am still asking myself is: thinking about the bush, when was the last time you took a second look at something out of the ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment