Sunday, June 21, 2009

How to eat a Haagen-Daz Ice Cream bar-a tribute to my dad on Father's Day




Many people do not know there is a right and wrong way to eat an Haagen-Dazs, however a few weeks ago my dad enlightened me on the process, so I thought I would share on this Father’s day about a subject so near and dear to his heart.


After a stressful day, dinner was done and my dad was going for a walk, so I joined him along with my dog Abby. (I don’t think he knows that although we workout together this walk and one other will stand out in my mind as special times together because instead of wanting to do something else, he wanted to spend time with me, what an act of selflessness, thanks dad)
So the conversation went:
Dad: “Boy, a Haagen-Dazs sure would be good right now.” (this said as we were passing Highgrove, the street that leads to the Walgreens which sells the ice cream)
Me: “Dad, you just said on the other block that you were so full!”
Dad: “I know but it sure does sound good. You know there is an art to eating a Haagen-Dazs.”


Here’s the process:
1. After dinner, or before dinner,(or really anytime you all the sudden get a craving) jump in the car and drive to the local Walgreens. When at the store, look for the Haagen-Dazs ice cream bar box that contains three bars.
2. Come back home and offer the other two bars to a family member, while opening or already having opened your own. When they say no thank you, put the remaining two in a safe spot in the freezer for later.
3. Begin eating the bar, but be careful to bite slowly as the chocolate covering is different than any other ice cream and will crack off falling onto the couch or floor.
4. Once the first bite is taken, plan your next bite carefully and accordingly to where the last piece of chocolate cracked. Sometimes this might require turning the ice cream stick to the side to prevent the chocolate from falling.
5. Once you have eaten most of the ice cream and are at the bottom of the stick (which is a short one, not like those of popsicles) bite the remaining chocolate and ice cream off into your mouth.
6. Congratulations! You have now eaten one of the most delicious desserts sold in stores. In about 5 minutes begin thinking about when you could eat the next one. (remember since your family members politely refused the first time you can skip step two this time) Enjoy!


Hope you are enjoying your Father’s Day, wish I could be there to share an ice cream with you. Love you bunches, you are the best dad ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment