Sunday, June 21, 2009

Visiting my world vision sponsor child on June 23

Thank you for your prayers for my time in Kenya. I will be traveling to Mombasa tomorrow to visit my world vision child on June 23. Please pray:

*safe travel to the airport and flight to Mombasa
*clear communication ahead of time with the World Vision representative so that I know what time and location I will meet him
*excitement and love as I meet Barisa, he is a 13 year old boy
*fun time together as we meet on Tuesday, not an awkward time, but quick unity
*that I can share with him how much God loves him

Thanks for your prayers as this is something I have been planning and waiting for a long time to do, but am a little anxious to have happen.

1 comment:

  1. Looks as though your vision in coming to fruition, even if not exactly as you had it planned! Few instances in life match the exhilaration and apprehension of meeting someone face to face for the first time. The sheer raw emotion of watching two peoples hopes and expectations collide in such a controlled but unpredictable environment makes life worth living. This much I know....you are going into this with a strong faith and an open mind; You will both benefit greatly from this experience!

    ReplyDelete